Here are CFALA news releases.
- 2020-03-22: COVID-19 Impact Survey Results – Majority of CFA Society Los Angeles members predict US recession will last beyond 2020
- 2020-02-28: California State University, Fullerton Named Winner of Local CFA Institute Research Challene in Los Angeles
- 2020-01-30: Economic Expansion and Stock Market Rise to Continue In 2020, But U.S. Election, Geopolitics and Trade Pose Risks to Upbeat Outlook, Experts Say at CFALA Annual Forecast Dinner
- 2019-02-22: California State University, Northridge Named Winner of Local CFA Institute Research Challene in Los Angeles
- 2019-01-24: 2019 Recession Unlikely and Stocks Could Rise Further If Fed Halts Rate Hikes And Quantitative Tightening Analysts Say at CFALA Annual Forecast Dinner
- 2018-01-25: Bull Market Could Continue for Years Although Political Disruptions, Flattening Yield Curve May Pose Challenges, Analysts Say at CFALA 2018 Forecast Dinner
- 2017-03-03: University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business Named Winner of Local CFA Institute Research Challenge in Los Angeles
- 2017-01-31: Investors Face Challenges as Trump Plans Unfold While Stock Valuations Are High and Rates Rising, Analysts Tell CFALA 2017 Forecast Dinner Attendees
- 2016-02-26: California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo Named Winner of Local CFA Institute Research Challenge in Los Angeles
- 2015-02-27: California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly), San Luis Obispo Named Winner of Local CFA Institute Research Challenge in Los Angeles
- 2015-01-30: Central Banks Face Multiple Challenges in Trying to Stimulate Economic Growth Even With Lower Oil Prices, Analysts Tell CFALA 2015 Forecast Dinner Attendees
- 2014-02-25: California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly), San Luis Obispo Named Winner of Local CFA Institute Research Challenge in Los Angeles
- CFALA Elects Three New Directors to the Board for 2013-2014
- 2013-10-14: CFA Los Angeles Wins Society Excellence Award from CFA Institute
- 2013-07-18: CFALA Joins in Honoring Joan A. Payden, CFA, Recipient of Award for Professional Excellence
- 2013-02-23: University of Southern California Wins the 2013 CFA Institute Research Challenge in Los Angeles (Photo)
- 2013-01-30: Equities Remain Attractive as Bond Investors Face New Era, Strategists Tell Attendees at CFALA Annual Forecast Dinner
- 2012-03-15: University of Southern California Wins the 2012 CFA Institute Research Challenge in Southern California
- 2012-01-26: Top Strategists at CFALA 2012 Economic & Investments Forecast Expect Massive Debt Deleveraging, Housing Challenges, Opportunities Overseas
- 2012-01-24: Thirty-Eight Percent of 49,380 Candidates Worldwide Pass Level I CFA Exam
- 2011-11-15: Detecting Deception Is Increasingly Important in the Investment Arena, QVerity CEO Explains
- 2011-10-06: Stephen J. Remboski, CFA, Joins CFA Institute's United States Investment Performance Committee
- 2011-09-28: CFA Institute Launches "Top New Finance App" Developed by WillowTree Apps
- 2011-09-06: Dan S. Meader, CFA, to Chair CFA Institute Board of Governors
- 2011-05-03: CFALA Names Shondale Pagano As Teacher of the Year
- 2011-02-11: Structural Problems Still Underlie Global Economic Recovery, Top Investment Strategists Say at CFALA Forecast Dinner
- 2010-08-30: Are Market Bubbles Born in Investors’ Brains? Join CFALA for Some Timely Comments from Prof. Paul Zak
- 2010-07-26: Media Advisory: CFALA Presents Anthony Scaramucci, Managing Partner of SkyBridge Capital, discussing "The Economics of Happiness."
- 2010-07-20: Media Advisory: CFALA Presents Bob Pozen, Author of "Too Big to Save," on How To Reform the Nation's Financial System
- 2010-05-28: Student Team's Economic Advice Wins Them Trip to New York Stock Exchange
- 2010-05-24: Media Advisory: What Now, Mr. Bernanke?
- 2010-05-18: Media Advisory: MoneyWise Teen Contest
- 2010-04-26: CFALA Awards California Council on Economic Education $20,000 Grant to Fund 2010 Capital Markets Contest
- 2010-03-11: Media Advisory: The Investment Case for Gold And Ways to Access the Market
- 2010-03-11: Media Advisory: How Deregulating Derivatives Led to Disaster And Why Reregulating Them Can Prevent Another
- 2010-03-03: Media Advisory: What's Next for Investment Management?
- 2010-02-26: Economic Recovery May Falter and At Best Will Be Subdued, Economists Tell Attendees at 2010 CFALA Forecast Dinner
- 2009-11-16: CFALA to Host U.S. Global Investors CEO Speaking On "Infrastructure: A Sustainable Global Theme"
- 2009-10-20: CFALA Hosting Seminars on Predicting Risk and Markets
- 2009-09-28: Invitation to CFA Society Oct. 6 Lunch: Expert on Venture Capital/Private Equity Deal Sourcing
- 2009-07-02: Innovative Free Online CFA Review Program Renewed For Armed Forces Members on Active Duty Around the World
- 2009-06-11: Government Caused, Prolonged and Worsened Financial Crisis, Respected Stanford Professor John Taylor Tells CFALA Members
- 2009-06-10: Media Advisory: The Financial and Credit Crisis: Two Experts To Address Causes and Solutions at CFALA Seminar
- 2009-04-27: Profit Opportunities in Next Stage of Housing Crisis To Be Discussed at CFALA Seminar in L.A. on May 7
- 2009-03-17: Making Clear Decisions in Challenging Times
- 2009-02-25: CFALA To Present 'A Conversation With Warren Christopher'
- 2009-02-21: USC Marshall School of Business Recognized as CFA Program Partner Institution
- 2009-02-06: U.S., Global Economies Won’t Return to High Growth of Past, Economists and Portfolio Manager Tell Financial Practitioners
- 2009-01-21: Distinguished Economists, Star Portfolio Manager To Discuss Outlook for 2009 at CFALA Forecast Dinner
- 2008-11-10: Prestigious CFA Review Program to Be Offered Free Via Internet to U.S. Armed Forces Members Around the World
- 2008-09-01: Retired Securities Industry Insider Who Criticizes Wall Street "Wisdom" To Speak in L.A. on Oct. 7
- 2008-07-15: CFALA Announces Economic Advice Available from Winners of 2008 Capital Markets Contest (Business Wire)
- 2008-05-15: Investors Can Profit As China’s Economy Grows To Become World’s Largest, Says Noted Economist
- 2008-02-27: Slowing U.S. Economy Doesn’t Preclude Investment Opportunities, Panel of Top Financial Analysts Says
The news releases are provided in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed, you may download it for free by clicking the following button: