Career Mentorship Program
What is our mission?
To provide a unique, year-long mentoring program pairing CFALA members who seek skill development and personal and professional growth with an experienced professional in the society.
Who are we looking for?
Young & experienced professionals alike. If you are a young professional looking for guidance in developing your career objectives with the help of a mentor then please apply as a mentee. If you are an experienced professional looking to give back to the investment community and help young professionals navigate the industry, please apply as a mentor.
What should I expect?
Once your application is submitted, the Mentorship Program Committee members will be hard at work to find the best mentee/mentor match. They will host an orientation workshop in September to help define mentor/mentee roles, the mentoring process and goal setting. They will also share key success factors to make this experience the most rewarding possible for all parties involved. A mentorship committee member will check in with the mentor/mentee regularly to make sure the relationship is working throughout the year. At the end of the year both the mentor and the mentee will submit a review of the program.
Application deadline: July 25th, 2019
Program Duration: One year commitment – September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020
Requirements: Applicants must be active CFALA members; mentors preferred minimum of 10 years work experience, mentees preferred minimum of 1 year work experience
- Make a personal commitment to making the time to meet at least once a quarter for one year.
- Mentors and Mentees both commit to proactively stay in touch with one another throughout the year.
- Must keep the content of conversations confidential.
- Participate in the program orientation.
- Complete and submit a mentoring partnership agreement and goals task sheet.
- At conclusion of program, provide feedback, and submit a program results sheet.
All prospective mentors and mentees must complete this updated application form.
For more information, contact the Mentorship Program Committee Co-Chairs:
Roxanne Cheng, CFA Michael Koop, CFA