CFA Institute Research Challenge
The CFA Institute Research Challenge offers students the unique opportunity to learn from leading industry experts and compete with peers from the world's top finance programs.
This annual educational initiative promotes best practices in equity research among the next generation of analysts through hands-on mentoring and intensive training in company analysis and presentation skills. The Challenge gathers students, investment industry professionals, publicly traded companies, and corporate sponsors together locally, regionally, and globally for a real world competition. Additionally, all participants are introduced to and held to the standard of the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
CFA Society Los Angeles is proud to host the annual local level of the CFA Institute Research Challenge in Los Angeles.
About Official Rules Fact Sheet Educational Resources
2023 Participating Universities
- California Lutheran University
- California State Dominguez Hills
- California State University, Fullerton
- Loyola Marymount University
- Pepperdine University
- Pomona College
To be a future participant, please contact Steven Wang, CFA and Parul Narain, CFA at IRC@cfala.org.
- Team Submission Deadline -
- IRC Kick-Off Presentation/Call - October 14th, 2022
- Subject Company Meeting/Call - November 11th, 2022
- Register with CFA Institute Deadline - Click Here
- Final Report Due - January 17th, 2023
- Local IRC Competition - February 17th, 2023
- Sub-Regional Kickoff - March 7th, 2023
- Sub-Regional Video Presentations Due - March 19th, 2023
- Sub-Regional Advancement Announcement - March 31st, 2023
- Regional IRC Semifinals - April 6-7th, 2023 (live virtual in Zoom)
- Regional IRC Finals - April 13-14th, 2023 (live virtual in Zoom, will be live streamed for larger audience)
- Global IRC Final - May 3rd, 2023 (live in-person in Washington, D.C.)
2023 Subject Company
2022 CFA Institute Research Challenge in Los Angeles Champions: California State University, Fullerton
Contact Caitlin Topkis at email@example.com.