CFA Institute Research Challenge
The CFA Institute Research Challenge offers students the unique opportunity to learn from leading industry experts and compete with peers from the world's top finance programs.
This annual educational initiative promotes best practices in equity research among the next generation of analysts through hands-on mentoring and intensive training in company analysis and presentation skills. The Challenge gathers students, investment industry professionals, publicly traded companies, and corporate sponsors together locally, regionally, and globally for a real world competition. Additionally, all participants are introduced to and held to the standard of the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
CFA Society Los Angeles is proud to host the annual local level of the CFA Institute Research Challenge in Los Angeles.
- California State University, Dominguez Hills
- California State University, Fullerton
- California State University, Northridge
- California Lutheran University
- Claremont Graduate University
- Loyola Marymount University
- Pepperdine University
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Southern California
To be a future participant, please contact Steven Wang, CFA and Parul Narain, CFA at IRC@cfala.org.
- Team Submission Deadline -
- IRC Kick-Off Presentation/Call - October 15th, 2021 (5pm PST)
- Subject Company Meeting/Call - November 12th, 2021 (2pm PST)
- Register with CFA Institute Deadline - Click Here
- Final Report Due - January 18th, 2022
- Local IRC Competition - February 18th, 2022 (2pm - 7pm)
- Regional IRC Semifinals - April 4th-8th, 2022 (TBD)
- Regional IRC Finals - May 17th, 2022 (In-person)
- Global IRC Final - May 17th, 2022 (In-person)
2022 Subject Company
2021 CFA Institute Research Challenge in Los Angeles Champions: California State University, Fullerton
Contact Caitlin Topkis at email@example.com.