Tech Skills for Programmers & Non-Programmers
CFA Society Los Angeles and Cognitir have partnered to create practical, hands-on training courses that are designed to provide finance, investment, and business professionals with the most in-demand tech skills in the industry today. We offer two tracks to help you plan your professional development—programming and non-programming—and the option to purchase course bundles for a significant savings, but all courses are available for individual enrollment*.
The courses in the programming track are designed for individuals who want to obtain hands-on technical skills. Individuals who take these courses will be trained to create their own models and code to become more data-driven decision makers and improve work efficiency. They will be able to work even more collaboratively with IT/dev teams to solve challenging business and finance problems in their organizations. As such, all of workshops in the programming track employ computer programming and expose participants to the industry’s most popular tools.
Courses in the Programming Track:
- Introduction to Python (Online Webinar) – Saturday, April 6th, 2019; 9 AM - 5 PM
- Introduction to Data Science for Finance and Business (Live Course - CFALA Member Center)* – Mondays, April 15th, 22nd, and 29th, 2019; 6 PM - 9 PM
- Introduction to Python (Live Course - CFALA Member Center) – Saturday, July 20th, 2019; 9 AM - 5 PM
- Introduction to Data Science for Finance and Business (Online Webinar)* – Saturday & Sunday, August 3rd - 4th, 2019; 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Introduction to Time Series Analysis in Python (Online Webinar)* – Mondays, August 12th, 19th, and 26th, 2019; 6 PM - 9 PM
- Machine Learning - Classification Models in Python (Online Webinar)* – Mondays, September 16th, 23rd, and 30th; 2019, 6 PM - 9 PM
|Introduction to Data Science for Finance and Business (Online Course)|
|Introduction to Time Series Analysis in Python|
The courses in the non-programming track are designed for participants who wish to build strong technical foundations but do not necessarily need to learn how to code. This track helps participants increase their technical IQs and understand the broader technology landscape with the aim of catalyzing the creativity needed to help them develop and sustain competitive advantages through technology.
Given the content and non-programming nature of the courses, participants in managerial roles can greatly benefit from all the content, although all professionals are welcome.
Courses in the Non-Programming Track:
- Technology 101 (Live Course - CFALA Member Center) – Saturday, May 4th, 2019; 9 AM - 5 PM
- Data Science for Managers: Applications, Visualizations, and Storytelling (Live Course - CFALA Member Center) – Saturday, June 8th, 2019; 9 AM - 5 PM
- Data Science for Managers: Building a Data-Driven Organization (Live Course - CFALA Member Center) – Saturday, June 15th, 2019; 9 AM - 5 PM
- Introduction to Blockchain (Live Course - CFALA Member Center) – Saturday, June 29th, 2019; 9 AM - 5 PM
|Introduction to Data Science for Managers: Building a Data-Driven Organization|
|Introduction to Blockchain - POSTPONED|
Price Per Course:
(Ends two-weeks prior
to course start date)
Participants also have the option to purchase bundles of courses for additional savings:
- Choose any 3 courses and take 10% off early registration fees — $1,077.30 for CFALA Members; $1347.30 for Non-members.
- Choose any 4 courses and take 15% off early registration fees — $1,356.60 for CFALA Members; $1696.60 for Non-members.
* Certain advanced courses require prerequisite training (through Cognitir's Tech Skills Training or equivalent background) to be able to enroll. See individual course info pages for list of prerequisites or contact Cognitir at firstname.lastname@example.org or (908) 505-5991 for more information.