Data Science for Managers - Applications, Visualization, and Storytelling
The amount of data available to organizations and individuals is unprecedented. In order to maximize the use of these data assets, executives and managers need to know the ins and outs of data projects. They need to understand how data science can help solve a variety of business problems and unlock a plethora of strategic opportunities.
This course equips business and finance managers with an overview of key analytical methods and data science tools required to create competitive advantages and solve difficult business problems. Participants will also learn about fundamental data visualizations and how to effectively storytell to key stakeholders with these visualizations.
This is not a programming-based course. The purpose of this course is to equip business and finance leaders with the right dose of knowledge and technical skills to better evaluate technical proposals, communicate with technical teams, hire technical teams, and use data science as a strategic tool. If you are interested in learning how to build these algorithms in a programming language such as Python, please check out our other courses such as Introduction to Data Science.
WHAT THIS COURSE OFFERS
- High-level overview of data science and big data methods and why it is relevant for finance and business leaders
- Presentation of use cases and examples from industry of how data science can boost business performance and improve corporate bottom lines
- Understanding of the data science process and critical challenges
- Understanding of how to evaluate, interpret and present data science results to key stakeholders and technical teams
- Overview of popular Python libraries
- Course notes, certificate of completion, and post-seminar email support for 3 months
- An engaging and practical training approach with a qualified instructor with relevant technical, business, and educational experiences
This course is relevant for finance and business executives who supervise teams that identify and execute data analytics and business intelligence projects. Other junior and senior business professionals who want to better understand how data science can supercharge corporate analytics will also benefit from taking this course. Attendees range from C-suite executives to junior professionals who want to better understand what their bosses should know.
Attendees may use a PC or Mac to access slides and other resources we provide for the class.
Course Curriculum and Contact Information
|Early Registration Fees (until April 16th)
$415 (Members) | $515 (Non-Member)
$515 (Members) | $615 (Non-Member)
We accept the following:
If you prefer to pay by check please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to pay by check. Your registration will be completed manually and you will receive an email confirmation.
Mail Check To:
CFA Society of Los Angeles
13400 Riverside Drive, Ste. 215
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
*Credit card payments will only be accepted through the secure online registration, and not by phone or email.
Enrollee cancellations must be made in writing and received at least 5 business days before the first day of class. All cancellations will incur a $30.00 processing fee. If enrollment is canceled after the 5-day deadline, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
Rama Malladi, CFA