2016 CFA Exam Access Scholarships
Access Scholarships Available for:
June 2016 and December 2016 CFA Exams
Application deadline for BOTH exam scholarships- September 15, 2015
If awarded, the recipient can apply the scholarship to either:
- the June 2016 exam to be held on Saturday, 4 June 2016 OR
- the December 2016 exam to be held on Saturday, 3 December 2016.
Access scholarship awards reduce CFA Program enrollment and exam registration fees to $250, including the CFA Program eBook. (Scholarship candidates are responsible for any additional costs for substituting or adding the print option, including curriculum and shipping costs plus any applicable taxes and import duties.)
Scholarship may also include enrollment in the USC/CFALA CFA Review Program. (Once scholarship is awarded for this program, attendance is mandatory. Approximately $1,499 value).
Access Scholarship Application Process
- Online Scholarship Application
- If you are not enrolled in the CFA Program, you must create a CFA Institute account in order to receive your login information and access the scholarship application.
- If you are enrolled in the CFA Program already, you can log in to your account to access the application.
- Complete the online 2016 Access Scholarship Application by September 15, 2015
For more information regarding the Access Scholarship Process including eligibility, important dates, and rules, on the CFA Institute website - click here.
- Supplementary Documentation (requested by CFALA)
After completing and submitting the online Access Scholarship Application on the CFA Institute Website please provide the following supplementary information requested by CFALA by September 18th, 2015 to assist in the selection process.
Requested supplemental information may be sent to: email@example.com, faxed to 213-613-1233 or mailed to CFA Society of Los Angeles, 520 S. Grand Ave., Ste. 370, Los Angeles, CA 90071, Attn: Scholarships.
- Completed 2016 Access Scholarship Supplementary Information Form
- Two letters of recommendation (including one from a professor for full-time students, one from a supervisor for employed applicants, one from a former employer / colleague / supervisor for unemployed applicants)
- Transcript of grades
- Completed Volunteer Form
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
*Candidates who have already registered for a 2016 CFA Exam are ineligible to apply for a 2016 Access Scholarship. If you are applying for a 2016 CFA Exam Access Scholarship, do not register for the 2016 Exams until after the scholarship recipients are announced (sometime in the beginning of December 2015).
Click here for CFALA's Supplemental Documentation for the 2016 Access Scholarship Application