Analyzing Risk In Your Career Portfolio
Join us on Thursday, November 5th from 2:00pm-3:00pm for an INTERACTIVE career development webinar featuring Kristen Schriver, Recruiter/Owner of Investment Management Recruiting.
We all want to find a robust long-term career where we can learn, add value, find purpose, be challenged, increase our financial potential, and find a community of people we enjoy working with, but there are things we can do to evaluate potential risks when in a job transition and ways to evaluate risks while within a firm to decide if it’s worth staying or the right time to leave. Join Kristen as she discusses topics such as:
- How to evaluate a financial services firm to maximize the greatest long term career success
- When to take a short term career risk to gain knowledge and experience or because you just need the paycheck
- How to focus your career path – the more you know your direction, the more successful you will become
- How to eliminate job turnover on your resume
- How to tell when the ship is sinking and when to either get out or stay to leverage a promotion
- What to do if your firms’ product or primary skillset becomes out of favor or if you are left behind because another segment of the market is growing and how not to hang on for too long
- How to effectively transition from one segment of the market to another (e.g. moving from asset management to wealth management or from stock picking to manager research)
- How to interview to learn as much as you can, how to hear what firms are telling you versus what you want to hear, how not to get sold a role that doesn’t really exist, and how not to get strung along once you are in
- How to position yourself if you’ve gotten into “trouble” (e.g. too much turnover on your resume), are connected to a firm under investigation, have been out of the job market too long, or gotten stuck in a title for too long
Kristen Schriver | Kristen Schriver started IMR in 2008 after working in the investment management and consulting industry for over 20 years. She has worked as a consultant and business development professional with Crabbe Huson, NYL Benefit Services, Smith Barney, Badgley Phelps and Bell, and Canterbury Consulting. She has a proven track record, as well as extensive contacts and industry knowledge from her years of experience.
Kristen has been involved with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation as a past President of the Board of Directors as well as a Race Director. She has also been a Director with Team Survivor Northwest and Scholarship America/Dollars for Scholars. Kristen has a masters degree in counseling psychology.
IMR has been certified by the Washington State Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE) as as Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE). Back To Top ^^
We accept the following:
If you prefer to pay by check please email email@example.com and request to pay by check. Your registration will be completed manually and you will receive an email confirmation.
Mail Check To:
CFA Society of Los Angeles
13400 Riverside Drive, Ste. 215
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
*Credit card payments will only be accepted through the secure online registration, and not by phone or email.
Cancellations must be received in writing by 9:00 am the day prior to the event to receive a refund. No phone cancellations are accepted. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
|As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Program, the CFA Society of Los Angeles has determined that this program qualifies for 1 credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE Diary.|