Capitalization Tables Modeling
CFA Society Los Angeles is pleased to offer, in partnership with Wall Street Prep, one of Wall Street Prep's most popular courses to equip busy professionals and students with the financial skills they need on the job.
This boot camp is designed to assist venture capital and investment banking professionals in understanding how to model early-stage investments.
- Conceptual overview of early-stage investing: Convertible debt, convertible preferred stock, common equity.
- Modeling the cap table: Modeling investment terms, modeling the exit valuation assumptions.
- Modeling the waterfall (flow of funds): Modeling dynamic conversion tests, building a durable decision tree, calculating returns.
Pre-Seminar Excel online training
This boot camp assumes proficiency in Excel. Enrollment includes access to our popular Excel Crash Course for those who need an Excel refresher.
Who is this boot camp for?
- Investment banking analysts and associates
- Private equity, asset management and hedge fund associates
- Corporate finance and business development professionals
- MBA students and business undergraduates
- Anyone seeking to improve their financial modeling skill set
Boot Camp Overview
This instructor-led boot camp is designed to assist venture capital and investment banking professionals in understanding how to model early-stage investments. Participants will use real case studies to build financial models from scratch the way it is done at financial institutions. The program is a synthesis of Excel modeling, navigating through various financial reports, and the application of accounting, corporate finance, and valuation courses.
Comprehensive training materials (manuals and online exercises), Detailed reusable modifiable Excel model templates, Unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar
What to Bring
Laptop, Notepad, and Calculator.
This seminar presumes knowledge of financial accounting (at least 1 semester or equivalent). Participants without this background must enroll in and complete the Accounting Crash Course prior to attending the seminar.
$499 (Member) | $599 (Non-Member)
Click links for address and rates
Pershing Square Garage: Rates vary
Central Library Parking: Rates vary
Joe's Auto Parks: $12
Pacific Center Parking: $15
More Parking Options (Click link)
WARNING: Parking at Millennium Biltmore - $45 Daily Max; $4.50 each 15 minutes
Participants may cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. A 20% cancellation fee will apply up to 1 week prior to the event. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 1 week of the event. Wall Street Prep reserves the right to cancel the seminar if enrollment is insufficient. Trainees will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation.