Mortgage & Mortgage-Backed Securities Boot Camp
A 2-day intensive training program where participants are instructed on mortgages and mortgage-backed securities. The program is designed to introduce participants to the broad variety of mortgage and MBS products, explain technical aspects of MBS performance, and demonstrate why and how different types of MBS structures are created.
The program includes both in-depth presentations and modeling case studies using MS Excel. Participants will explore a wide variety of concepts while gaining experience in modeling cash flows, market execution and risks.
Boot Camp Agenda
Day 1: MBS market logic & history, mortgage product description, MBS pool creation, MBS markets & trading
Day 2: Prepayments & MBS price performance, risk metrics, mortgage credit, structured agency & non-agency MBS
What sets this program apart?
• The program offers comprehensive instruction on the mortgage and MBS markets, including sections devoted to areas that are highly technical and difficult to teach.
• The program includes intensive Excel modeling sessions on:
- generating mortgage and MBS cash flows
- calculating average lives, durations and yields
- creating MBS pools and calculating “best execution”
- calculating dollar roll break-evens and carry
- converting prepayment metrics
- calculating effective durations and convexities
- creating simple agency structuring variations
• The program will be run by Bill Berliner. Bill is a well-known authority on mortgages and mortgage-backed securities with 30+ years of experience in research, trading, sales, and operations. He is the co-author, with Frank Fabozzi and Anand Bhattacharya, of an award-winning textbook on the sector.
For more information, please click here for the Boot Camp Brochure.
Understanding of capital markets
Excel – Beginner level
Full course – 2 days
Course materials included
$900 (Members) | $1000 (Non-Member)
If you'd like to register at a discounted group rate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We accept the following:
If you prefer to pay by check please email email@example.com and request to pay by check. Your registration will be completed manually and you will receive an email confirmation.
Mail Check To:
CFA Society of Los Angeles
13400 Riverside Drive, Ste. 215
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
*Credit card payments will only be accepted through the secure online registration, and not by phone or email.
Enrollee cancellations must be made in writing and received at least 5 business days before the first day of class. All cancellations will incur a $30.00 processing fee. If enrollment is canceled after the 5-day deadline, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
Rama Malladi, PhD, CFA, CAIA, FRM, PMP
|As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Program, the CFA Society of Los Angeles has determined that this program qualifies for 12 credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE Diary.|