Valuation, M&A, and LBO Modeling Boot Camp
June 21st – 23rd, 2012
CFA Los Angeles is pleased to offer, in partnership with Wall Street Prep, one of Wall Street Prep's most popular courses to equip busy professionals and students with the financial skills they need on the job.
During this intensive 3-day training, participants will learn financial and valuation modeling in Excel using a hands-on, case-study approach. Modeling methodologies covered include financial statement modeling, valuation & DCF modeling and trading & transaction comps modeling. Instructors are all practitioners (investment bankers, equity research analysts, etc.) with a passion for teaching and years of directly relevant real-world experience.
Attendees can opt to register for 1, 2 or all 3 days of the seminar. It's your choice!
3-day intensive training program where trainees learn financial & valuation modeling in Excel using in a hands-on, case-study approach. The modeling methodologies covered include:
Valuation Overview and DCF Modeling
M&A (Accretion/Dilution) Modeling
Leveraged Buyout & Recapitalization Modeling
Step-by-step, intuitive approach
Each modeling methodology is preceded by conceptual introductions that relate academic coursework to the hands-on step-by-step exercises trainees undertake on their computers in class. The program is a synthesis of Excel modeling, navigating through various financial reports, and the application of accounting, corporate finance, and valuation courses.
What sets this program apart?
- The training materials that trainees receive are comprehensive and intuitive, and are designed to serve as stand-alone materials for easy use long after the training session has ended.
- Our instructors are all practitioners (investment bankers, equity research analysts, etc.) with a passion for teaching with years of directly relevant real-world experience. They understand the importance of teaching in a way that empowers finance professionals to apply the lessons from the classroom directly on the job.
- Unlimited support for 2 years post-seminar
- 27 CPE credits - When a CPE completes the seminar, he/she should e-mail their name, address, and CPA# to email@example.com, then Wall Street Prep will send them the CPE certificate.
- All Participants get access to the following on-line module for FREE Excel Crash Course - Valued at $39
- FULL Bootcamp (all 3 days) Participants get access to the following on-line modules for FREE
Trading & Transaction Comparables - Valued at $169
Financial Statement Modeling - - Valued at $39
Excel Crash Course - Valued at $39
What is needed from you:
- Participants should have basic knowledge of Excel and solid financial accounting fundamentals
- Participants will need to bring with them to the course a laptop with Excel, version 2003 or higher
Click here for information brochure on the 3-day series
For questions about the content of the program or suitability, contact Rama Malladi, CFA, CAIA, FRM, Director of the Educational Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 453-9763
As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Program, the
CFA Society of Los Angeles has determined that this program qualifies
for 27 credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for
your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE Diary.
10% Corporate Discounts available for companies who register 5 or more participants! Click here for more details.
CFALA Members: $1400 (For all 3-days)
$550 (per single day)
Time: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, June 21st - June 23rd, 2012
Location: USC - Popovich Hall, Room 202 (JKP-202), USC Map coordinate F7.
Parking: The closest parking structure is "X" at Gate 3 on Figueroa just north of Exposition. Cost $8. Street parking is available but challenging.