Regular Membership (CFALA membership dues $175 + CFA Institute dues $175 = $450) apply via the CFA Institute website and select CFALA as your local society)
To qualify as a regular member of CFA Institute and CFALA, an investment professional must meet all of the criteria listed below:
1. Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or have equivalent education or work experience
2. Pass Level I of the CFA exam or such other appropriate examination as approved by the Board of Governors or pass the self-administered Standards of Practice Examination
3. Have 48 months of acceptable professional work experience in the investment decision-making process
4. Agree to adhere to and sign the Member's Agreement, a Professional Conduct Statement, and any additional documentation requested by CFA Institute.
Affiliate Membership (CFALA membership dues $175 + CFA Institute dues $175 = $450 - apply via the CFA Institute website and select CFALA as your local society)
To qualify for affiliate membership, you must meet both of the following criteria:
1. Agree to adhere to and sign the Member's Agreement and Professional Conduct Statement.
2. Fulfill CFALA requirements for affiliate membership: An affiliate member of CFALA shall be (1) an active candidate for the examination program administered by CFA Institute or such other appropriate examination as may be approved by CFA Institute or (2) a person who does not qualify for membership as a regular member, but whose primary interests are closely allied to the objectives of the Society, including graduate students and upper division undergraduate students.
Associate Membership (CFALA membership dues $175 - contact email@example.com for an associate membership application)
Associate membership is open to professionals who are not CFA® Charterholders or Level III CFA Candidates. Associates receive the same benefits and discounts as members at events and programs hosted by CFA Society Los Angeles. Associate membership is not membership to CFA Institute and does not include the right to vote in CFALA elections.
Why become an Associate Member?
Receive member discounts to events
Network with investment professionals
Access to topical events and remain current on investment news
Increase knowledge of investment vehicles with short-term educational courses
Access to CFALA job board
Who qualifies for Associate Membership?
Non-finance professionals who wish to increase their knowledge of investments and network with financial professionals. Entry level individuals and support staff in the finance industry wishing to learn more about investments and connect with experienced industry members.
Aspiring CFA Charterholders: Level I and Level II CFA exam candidates qualify for associate membership. After passing level II CFA Candidates are encouraged to submit their membership application through CFA Institute and apply to be an affiliate or regular member.